Saturday, February 22, 2014

Listening to My Body

Yesterday I started out with the intent to do Key Run #3 for the week, but I was experiencing some knee pain and after about 5-10 minutes on the treadmill I switched to the recumbent bike. I selected the hilly workout and rode 5 miles was a mini-cross train day. My knee hasn't bothered me while running in a very long time and I am frustrated. Taking time off and gaining a little bit of weight has not agreed with my knee or lower back, so today will be true rest day. Last year when I started running I had knee pain but then it eventually subsided and I wasn't dependent on ice and Advil. A more clear focus on eating clean and considering which foods are anti-inflammatory, as well as strengthening my back, hips, and legs. It is about need versus want. I know what my body responds best to and sometimes forget this. So, anything worth having is worth working hard to get.

No comments:

Post a Comment